Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy Birthday....To Me!




newborn
Originally uploaded by Barnaby.

Yup...today is my birthday, the big 38. I've always had weird feelings about my birthday. Starting with the fact that it falls between Christmas and New Year...just an odd time to throw in an additional celebration. My parents make an extra effort, which I appreciate. My grandmother went so far as to give me her birthday, which is May 19th. She would always send me a gift then and my mother also would do a little something for me on that day...she still sends me a card. The second image is the page from my grandmother's calendar from the day I was born. It includes her notes on my name, weight, and the phone number of the hospital room where my mother was. I found it in her house after she died.


Tonight I'm having a mystery dinner with Sheri (and possibly others), I have been given a hint that it may include fish.

Beyond that, it's been a day of introspection. Not only because I'm closing in on the big 4-0, but also because I've decided to leave A9...though what for is undetermined.

No comments: