Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Fall Y'all!

Sheri and I went to a pumpkin patch yesterday and I was blown away by the variety of squash and pumpkins now available. I love the fall and especially the colors. The patch was at Webb Ranch in Portola Valley, CA, so the prices were also impressive...many of the more unique varieties priced over $25 for a "head-sized" punkin! One of the things that impressed me was the variety of people and cultures who turned out. There was a large Indian family picking out pumpkins and taking pictures of their kids sitting on pumpkins, all delighted by the event...including their elderly grandmother, who was dressed in an orange Sari that matched the hues of the field perfectly. I think Halloween is the second most "adoptable" American holiday...the first of course is Thanksgiving; everyone likes to eat! Check out my slideshow below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felicito por su video en YOUTUBE "mi buenos aires querido".
Saludos desde Brasil.
drgastroenterology@lycos.com

Augie Pagan said...

Barnabus! Hey man, it's Augie from Seattle. Found your blog through Pat. You look like a busy man sir. You look to be down in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in the San Jose, Gilroy area. Anyway, just thought I'd say, what up?! You need to update the blog senior. Hope all is well.

-Augie